Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tucson

Everyone seems preoccupied with the mindset of the shooter in the Gifford tragedy. My question is what motivated the three civilians that brought a chair to a gunfight. Two were not spring chickens and one was not in proximity to the shooting-he ran to the sound of the guns. My SO opined that real heroes do not think themselves heroic. From what was said in the news interviews these people did not. All to many were concerned with the shooter's motivations and quick to assign blame, not necessarily to the shooter. But what shaped the behavior of those that put themselves in harm's way. The retired army officer I can understand, when I was younger I heard those shots in anger and the reflexes, albeit slowed by time, still stir. But the others? No benefit of training or experience and unarmed, did what had to be done-these are the people we should learn from.

73 de Rob

1 comment: