Monday, March 22, 2010

Chicken Banders and Whiners

On QRZ (http://www.qrz.com/) and the Isle of Misfit Hams there was a thread, and reference to same, of someone bitching that without a kilowatt and a beam DXing was no fun. His kinfolk came by the house the other day. I was working in the yard and he stood in the street and asked about my wire and if I "Shot some skip." I mentioned confirming 12 states including Ak. He asked about a "Get Out Box" (bootleg 11M amp.) I said I was running 8W. His Reply? Bullshit! Good thing I didn't tell him about the 12 countries!

Had an awful lot of fun last weekend, the Russian DX Test had a bunch of folks out and worked Eastern Europe, Scandinavian, the Caribbean and wore the paint off Brasil, the Oklahoma and ND QSO Parties didn't hurt either.

Saw a FT 7 for sale, what I could do with 20W?

73 de Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment